- Very Fairy Princess Day - Admission to the Milwaukee Domes is free all weekend (March 28-29 from 9-4), so bring your costumed prince, princess, fairy, or wizard to enjoy the gardens, art projects, storytelling, dance lessons, live music, face painting and more.
- Toddlers On a Mission - Little ones and parents work together to accomplish a volunteer "mission" every other month with this awesome North Shore group. SHOW your children what it means to really give back to the community. Join Toddlers On a Mission on April 21 when they prepare vases and placemats for an urban senior lunch program. Then help deliver them on April 23. For more information, email TOAMMKE@gmail.com.
- Veterans Park Family Kite Festival - Fabulous free fun can be had by all at the two day event over Memorial Day weekend (May 23-24 from 10-5/6). Kites from across the region will grace the skies and amaze spectators.
- Jelly Belly Factory Tour - Before they pack up their beans and leave town forever, take a tour of the Jelly Belly Warehouse in Pleasant Prairie. Hop on the Jelly Belly Express Train Tour and discover the history of the Jelly Belly before stopping in to the candy store for free samples.
- Summer Camp Registration - Keep the fun times rolling by signing up for some of the amazing summer camps and classes that area organizations are offering. Registration for many sessions has already started. There is something for every age, interest and budget. Start at MetroParent's online Camp Fair for a glimpse of what's available. Chatting with other parents can also reveal really cool opportunities you didn't know existed. That's how I found out about The Lynden Sculpture Garden's summer offerings, Elite Fitness sports camps, and Milwaukee Irish Fest Summer School. And don't forget about good old-fashioned free fun that can be found at library story times, vacation Bible schools, and parks and beaches across the area.
Friday, March 27, 2015
Five Spring Things You Don't Want to Miss
As your family emerges from hibernation and actual events begin to appear on your schedule where black holes of winter blah used to be, does your calendar tremble with excitement? Spring is here, and there is so much to do! Here are five picks that you won't want to miss.