- Very Fairy Princess Day - Admission to the Milwaukee Domes is free all weekend (March 28-29 from 9-4), so bring your costumed prince, princess, fairy, or wizard to enjoy the gardens, art projects, storytelling, dance lessons, live music, face painting and more.
- Toddlers On a Mission - Little ones and parents work together to accomplish a volunteer "mission" every other month with this awesome North Shore group. SHOW your children what it means to really give back to the community. Join Toddlers On a Mission on April 21 when they prepare vases and placemats for an urban senior lunch program. Then help deliver them on April 23. For more information, email TOAMMKE@gmail.com.
- Veterans Park Family Kite Festival - Fabulous free fun can be had by all at the two day event over Memorial Day weekend (May 23-24 from 10-5/6). Kites from across the region will grace the skies and amaze spectators.
- Jelly Belly Factory Tour - Before they pack up their beans and leave town forever, take a tour of the Jelly Belly Warehouse in Pleasant Prairie. Hop on the Jelly Belly Express Train Tour and discover the history of the Jelly Belly before stopping in to the candy store for free samples.
- Summer Camp Registration - Keep the fun times rolling by signing up for some of the amazing summer camps and classes that area organizations are offering. Registration for many sessions has already started. There is something for every age, interest and budget. Start at MetroParent's online Camp Fair for a glimpse of what's available. Chatting with other parents can also reveal really cool opportunities you didn't know existed. That's how I found out about The Lynden Sculpture Garden's summer offerings, Elite Fitness sports camps, and Milwaukee Irish Fest Summer School. And don't forget about good old-fashioned free fun that can be found at library story times, vacation Bible schools, and parks and beaches across the area.
Friday, March 27, 2015
As your family emerges from hibernation and actual events begin to appear on your schedule where black holes of winter blah used to be, does your calendar tremble with excitement? Spring is here, and there is so much to do! Here are five picks that you won't want to miss.
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Come celebrate the luck of the Irish with a St. Patrick's Day Party at Family Club on Tuesday, March 17. During playgroup, we'll have a special craft and green goodies to eat.
To get you in the spirit of the holiday, head downtown for the 49th annual Shamrock Club's St. Patrick's Day Parade on Saturday, March 14. It starts at 12:00 p.m. at Wisconsin Ave. and 3rd St. This is definitely one of Milwaukee's best parades with plenty of bagpipes, Irish dancers, and spectators decked out in green garb. Usually it's frigid, but Saturday's forecast calls for temps of 50! Check out the website for more details.
If you are game for even more St. Patrick's Day fun, take a look at OnMilwaukee.com's 2015 St. Patrick's Day Guide.
Friday, March 6, 2015
The options for the next book club selection have been chosen. Take a moment to check them out and cast your vote in the poll at the right.
Thursday, March 5, 2015
Never mind the fact that the news tells me tomorrow's windchill will be sub-zero. I'm thinking positively! I'm thinking spring! At The Family Club, spring means the Easter Egg Hunt and Potluck. This annual tradition is a fantastic opportunity for families and friends to gather for a morning of fun. The Easter Bunny will be on hand for pictures, and kids will be able to decorate bags before hunting for eggs and enjoying lunch and games. The fun begins on Saturday, March 21 at 10:00 a.m. in the playroom at the North Shore Presbyterian Church in Shorewood. See you there!